Monday, October 09, 2006

Tales from the toilet block


I know this is probably going to sound very strange, but one of the most interesting parts of my day at university is visiting the toilets in the Baillieu Library. I love the Baillieu. It’s weird I know, to love a library. But I feel like it’s my second home. It’s filled with science students, architecture students, engineering students…you name it. But mostly it’s filled with arts students. Loud, messy arts students! I guess that’s why there’s no one telling you to “shush” in the Baillieu. It’s more likely that the person next to you is making more noise than what’s heard on the 4th floor of the law building in one day.

But you know what the best part of the Baillieu is? The fact that we can take in, wait for it……FOOD! Need I say more?

Anyhow, here’s some stuff I read on the toilet walls. There’s also quite a heated pen-discussion going on on the walls of one of the cubicles about Descartes and what he really meant with cogito ergo sum. Maybe I’ll put that up one day!


Hah! Fat chance. I hate Descartes. :)


You cannot go through the front door with a red fist. You must change the world through the back door, with a suit and a better plan.


Today I wonder:

What for?

Freedom lives in constraint.

5 comments:

Joey said...

You gotta love arts students. Where else is the toilet a discussion forum?

Before there were internet message boards...there were cubicles.

Alev said...

Yeah. And each cubicle has its own personality. There's the Wall of Wisdom, and then the Lesbian Cubile, not to mention the last cubile on the first floor where students have got a "what's the worst..." thing going on. How could you not like libraries???

Joey said...

Looks like someone has been gallivanting across toilets in her spare time! Tsk tsk tsk...conduct unbecoming of the Secretary of the Turkish Society!

Alev said...

Ah, earth to Joey: could i be more non-Turkish as it is???

Jordan said...

Silly Alev. Post at Blog-A-Boo