Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Disclaimer

I am the type of person who likes to get differing, and often opposing, perspectives on pretty much anything – political or not. This is why I read a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have however, been very disheartened and disappointed with The Australian, which led me to remove the link to it off our “News” sidebar. I did not want it there simply because I did not share the views expressed by the editors, and found that even the ‘objective news’ articles in the paper were in fact quite biased and somewhat misinformed. Recently, such behavior has become more evident - I guess they weren’t trying to hide it.

Nevertheless, the link is back up on the sidebar. I still read The Australian, even if I do not share their views. And I guess the best way to understand who has an agenda and who does not, is by reading everything and anything. I just hope by the end of all that reading you’d be left with some truth and sense.

Or you could just read a bunch of Waleed Aly articles.

3 comments:

Joey said...

True story. You can't disagree with someone if you don't know what they're on about. Besides, it's great stuff to tear to pieces...

Alev said...

Andrew Bolt's gotta get inspired somehow. I'm sure The Australian is near by.

Joey said...

The way Bolty goes, the Australian probably gets inspiration from him!